My good friend and fellow World Domination Summit alum is doing something big for his 40th birthday. You should check it out right HERE.
It’s ambitious, and it’s very BHAG-ish, to use Jim Collins’ terminology.
The photo below is from the very first time I met James over breakfast at Mother’s in Portland OR. Beeker was super excited.
Here’s the info from his Indiegogo page…
I’m James Todd and…
I turn 40 on October 24.
When my wife asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, my answer was:
I want to spend the day with amazing friends and raise a bunch of money for a non-profit in 24 hours… start a side project in 24 hours… or WRITE A BOOK… in 24 hours.
So that’s what we’re doing. We’ll interview 12 everyday superheroes who are living unconventional lives, working to change the world, and are incredibly fun. Then, we’ll transform that content into a book. And best of all, we’ll give the proceeds to charity. The clock starts one month from today.
How much of this is going to charity?
The good news is that we’ve had a ton of in-kind donations from partners to make this a reality while providing the biggest gift to charity: water that we can.
- 100% of product perk income will go to charity:water.
- Premium tiers (Art, Coaching, and Join Us) will go 50% to charity: water.
- Producer tiers will pay first for expenses (expected to be around $14K depending on print volumes and final video production costs) and the remainder will go to charity: water.
- I will pay out of pocket for all of the fun stuff (chef, cocktail, and stunt demos, fire jugglers, etc).
Here’s why we’re excited.
- We’re telling the stories of remarkable people that will make you laugh, make you cry, and inspire you.
- You get to have a memento of the experience at whatever level you select.
- The money goes to charity: water.
You may not know James Todd, but believe me when I tell his project is a worthy one. Not only does it have his hands on it, which means it’ll be awesome, but it supports charity:water. Please go check it out.
Here’s another pic of James and our crew. James treated all of us to an awesome meal at a Portland cheesemonger.
This message was written by Dr. David Powers. You can always find me at www.drdavidpowers.com. Thanks for reading!