I went to see the new Thor movie last night and thought I’d give you a review of it from the point-of-view of an Asgardian groupie.
- The movie had some great aspects to it. The scenery was amazing. The fight scenes were well done.
- Sif was awesome as usual. I’m biased though. All she’d have to do is stand there and scowl, and I’ll be okay with it. She had a couple of good fight scenes.
- The two best actor/actresses of the entire movie were Loki and Darcy. Without them, the movie would be useless. Both provided their own brand of comedic support that was sorely needed.
- Chuck actor Zachary Levi did a really good job as Fandral.
- The after credits clips were great. Dare I say “The Collector” and “Infinity Stones”? The end of the second after credits clip was the best with the frost giant monster chasing birds in London.
- Hogun the Grim does not smile, so please don’t make him do it several times in the same scene.
- Jane Porter’s character is a affront to both women and astrophysicists.
- Thor’s hammer Mjolnir is a better actor than Chris Hemsworth.
- How much more can we wrongly emphasize that the Thor-verse character are just aliens that fight with swords? Spaceships, bazookas, laser guns, anti-matter grenades, and more. They’re Norse gods not aliens!
My overall idea is that if you’re a comic fan or Thor groupie you’ll appreciate some of the movie, but hate many elements of it. If you’re not a big fan, it’ll seem like a pretty cool pseudo-sci-fi flick. I’d say go see it, but don’t expect much.
What I thought most after seeing it was that it made a much better remake of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe than it did a good Thor movie. I’m also getting the impression that after the Avengers, these solo superhero movies just aren’t going to be able to keep up.
This message was written by Dr. David Powers. You can always find me at www.drdavidpowers.com. Thanks for reading!