I absolutely love what I do.
I have a client right now who asked me to help plan the logistics for a great escape from the normal-pocalypse. They’re a lot like me, or at least like I was, which is even better.
- Young family with several kids under the teen years
- Stuck in a job that pays the bills but sucks the marrow from the soul
- Experimenting with alternative educational methods for their kids
Move into a minimalist lifestyle
Transition to remote location work
Spend at least a year traveling North America by auto followed by a semi-nomadic lifestyle with frequent trips afterwards
Not be wealthy but have enough money to not worry about regular jobs unless they find something they want to do for a while
Right now we’re working through logistics on several fronts with a keen eye on affordability at every step.
- Selling, gifting, or storing their belongings from the house to the kids’ toys
- Outfitting an awesome road trip vehicle capable of transporting an entire family in relative comfort
- Lining up remote work contracts and projects
- Looking at places to visit on the road and the logistics of affordability with food, shelter, and fuel.
I gotta tell you, I’m having so much fun with this that I find myself planning a big trip for my own family.
If you could take a great escape for a year, where would you go? Would you roam or hunker down in one spot?
This message was written by Dr. David Powers. You can always find me at www.drdavidpowers.com. Thanks for reading!